If your pet has an emergency… Will you know what to do?
At Central Ohio Pet First Aid, it is our belief that our pets are family members. You may already provide them with the high quality food, toys and plenty of exercise, but do you know how to provide for them in case of an emergency? Let us teach you these lifesaving skills that give you the confidence to care for your pet from snout to tail on your quest to promote a safe, healthy & loving home.
Did you know…
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), one out of four animals could be saved if just *one* pet first aid technique was applied?
- Preventable accidents are the number one leading cause of death among companion animals.
Why should you learn pet first aid?
While we all hope that no accidents or emergencies befall our beloved pets, chances are, something will happen in their lifetime. We want you to be prepared
and know the skills to help in the event of:
- Respiratory arrest or worse
Who should take a pet first aid class?
Our first aid & CPR classes are perfect for pet owners and pet professionals alike! Our classes are taught by lecture and hands on learning skills. Each participant in our First Aid & Care for your Pets class or our PetSaver course will receive a workbook as well as a completion certificate.
Here are some of the skills you will learn:
- How to safely approach, restrain and muzzle an injured or ill pet
- Rescue breathing & CPR
- Assessing normal vitals such as heart rate and temperature
- How to handle snake bites, ticks and bee stings
- Snout to Tail assessment